MICHEL IRS has over a decade of experience in the provision of protocol advisory services in close co-ordination with clients
Special Protocol Services and Liaison Officers
MICHEL IRS has over a decade of experience in the provision of protocol advisory services in close co-ordination with clients for high-level events and programmes, such as rotating EU Presidencies, G8, G20 and NATO summits. We draw from a large squad of expertly-trained, well-educated, multi-lingual Liaison Officers. Key to our success in meeting the specific requirements of our clients and in ensuring the highest quality of professional service is the well-tested methodology MICHEL IRS employs whereby the Liaison Officers are recruited, prepared and then managed by a team of MICHEL IRS senior co-ordinators who are overseen, in turn, by Managing Director, Rebecka Michel. The ‘Task Force’ forms the backbone of our protocol services. The detailed execution plan is always developed in consultation with the client to ensure it meets the needs of budget as well as quality.
- welcome and accompany foreign delegations (national representatives, political personalities, institutional managers) during high level meetings and official visits.
- In that context the Liaison Officer is responsible for the smooth running of the entire stay of the delegation in a hosting country, facilitating their reception, stay and departure, guiding and accompanying them to meeting locations, handling organisational and logistic details and coordinating with all organisational cells involved such as transportation, police, security, catering, hotel, national authorities and fellow Liaison Officers.
- have passed a selection procedure in which their specialist, personal qualifications and language proficiency are tested
- be in procession of a clear police clearance
- have received extensive training in matters of protocol
- speak at least three languages fluently
- have already been deployed with great success at various high-level events (e.g. meetings of the G20, EU summits and presidencies, OSCE, European Development Days and many others).